What is Teledentistry?
“Teledentistry is the use of electronic information, imaging and communication technologies, including interactive audio, video, data communications as well as store and forward technologies, to provide and support dental care delivery, diagnosis, consultation, treatment, transfer of dental information and education.”
Under ADA policy on teledentistry,
- Synchronous – D9995 refers to real-time interaction with the use of telecommunications technology, such as video conferencing, to provide patient care and education
- Asynchronous – D9996 refers to information stored and forwarded to dentist for future review
The use of telecommunication technology, such as video consultation, to provide patient care and evaluation services may be covered under the patient’s insurance as per the updated ADA Guidelines.
Dental eShare Teledentistry Package
Dental eShare teledentistry package helps dental practices stay connected with patients through online video conferencing. Add our quick and easy to use teledentistry form to your website. Communicate and exchange pertinent patient information securely with our digital tools. Give your practice the flexibility and security to help patients during the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).
Online Teledentistry & HIPAA Consent Form
- Add online consent forms to your website for patient to complete and submit
- Receive signed forms immediately with instant desktop notification
- Access patient forms from anywhere, on any devices
- Electronic signature captured directly on all patient consent forms
Sample of electronic signature field on patient consent form
Easy to Use Online Communication Tool for Patients to Share Images and Documents
- Give patients the ability to securely share important documents and x-ray images with your practice
- Drag and drop upload tool works with any computer and mobile device
- We integrate to major dental practice management software
Secure Video Consultation
- Expand patient point of care with telecommunications technology, such as video conferencing, secure messaging and file share
- Save recorded video sessions as part of the patient medical records
- Protect your patients, practice and yourself during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Schedule immediate virtual consultation for emergency cases evaluation
COVID-19 pandemic poses a unique challenge for everyone, especially medical and dental practices who still need to see patients for emergency cases. Keeping you, your team and your patients safe and protected from the COVID-19 infection is an important priority. With the right technology and implementation, your practice will be able to provide continued dental care to your patients through teledentistry. Virtual consultation is a safe and effective solution for providers to assess your patient’s need for critical or emergency care. Dental eShare also offers online patient forms, including patient registration, health history, and financial policy and consent forms. Click here for more information.
Click on the button below to see a sample of our online teledentistry & HIPAA consent form.
Special Offer 2-months Free
We integrate with Dentrix, Eaglesoft, OrthoTrac, Softdent and WinOMS.